HomeAbout UsFAQImmigrationBlog
Our Team


Back to the Top


SANDRA BOOGAARD LAW OFFICE provides help to those who want to obtain legal status in the United States whether temporary or permanent and will guide you through the process that can make that happen. The Immigration process can be long, tedious, expensive and overwhelming. Without the right guidance, time, money  and other resources can be wasted. 

We can help you with:

  • • Employment Based Immigration (Permanent)
  • Employment Based Visas (Temporary Worker Visa)
  • • Investment Based Immigration
  • • Family Based Immigration
  • • Other Temporary and Permanent Visas
  • • Green Cards
  • • Citizenship
  • • Deportation Defense
  • • Hearings & Appeals

If you have a question regarding your legal status or that of a prospective or current employee, or loved one we can help Call (646) 688-2747 or email sandra@sandraboogaardlaw.com.

These are some Immigration processes that we handle:

EB-5 Visas: If you are an international investor looking for the flexibility and freedom to work and live in the United States, find out how your $500,000 dollar investment can provide legal permanent residence for you, your spouse and children, while helping to stimulate the American economy.

F1 Visas: For full time students who are seeking higher education in the United States, an F1 Visa can give you an opportunity to study at an accredited institution of higher learning. In limited instances some work may be available to you as well. We can help you understand how to obtain F1, F2, or F3 Academic Visa for you and your family.

H1 B Visas: Looking to visit for business or pleasure,the H series, or “work visas,” are the most sought after non-immigrant visas today. Don’t allow improper filing or a lack of proper documentation, to keep you from obtaining your dream of living and working short term in the U.S.  Find out about the laws that protect you.  Get your application right the first time and save time and money.

L1 Visas: For companies looking to transfer their top level employees to work from a U.S. branch L1 visas are the solution. L1 visas allow foreign workers to relocate to the U.S. corporate office of a company that maintains a home office abroad. It is important to be aware of all of the requirements and expectations to maintain the L1 status.

J Visas: Not quite ready for your F1 visa? In high school and anxious to participate in a cultural exchange program, but not sure what you need, SANDRA BOOGAARD LAW OFFICE can help you navigate the J visa application process, which allows students, teachers and select others to gain temporary non-immigrant status for the purposes of promoting cultural exchange and fostering international relations.

K3 Visas: The INA has been amended to help keep families together. With a K3 visa, a foreign-citizen spouse of a U.S. citizen can be with their loved one while they await administrative processing. This visa helps shorten the physical separation of spouses in transition. Through this visa, foreign-citizen spouses can obtain a temporary non-immigration status while they are in the process of attaining permanent legal residence.

O Visas: Foreign-citizens with extraordinary abilities in the arts, sciences, athletics, entertainment, business, and education, and their immediate family can obtain an O visa for an initial period of three years with the ability to extend this visa one year at a time.

R Visas: For foreign-citizen religious workers, who are involved in such work in their home country may apply for an R Visa to do mission work in the U.S. Religious workers must pass certain criteria and the length of the visa must be related to the purpose or function of their trip.

TN Visas: Because of NAFTA, special visas may be issued to Canadian and Mexican Nationals who seek entry into the United States for various business purposes. These special issue visas create a non-immigration status for the holder that promotes the free flow of trade among bordering nations.

Green Cards: When your goal extends beyond the occasional visit or temporary business need, you may want to seek an immigrant visa that will help you become a legal permanent resident (LPR). Green Card holders are afforded many benefits not offered to non-immigrants . This includes the security of being able to live and work in the U.S. without the constant need to adjust and renew your status. The road to LPR is filled with a lot of documentation and can be overwhelming. Our office can guide you through the process.

U.S. Citizenship: Many immigrants see U.S. citizenship as the ultimate goal.   We will offer you sound advice and assist you through the steps you need to take to make sure your presentation to the DHS is in proper form. Naturalized citizens enjoy the benefits of being full-fledged Americans with all the protections and benefits that such a designation holds.

Deportation Defense: If you are subject to deportation or removal, depending on the specific facts of your case, you may be eligible for relief from deportation in forms of waivers of deportation or other forms of discretionary and/or mandatory relief. Some of these forms of deportation relief include but are not limited to:
  • Cancellation of deportation or removal (for green card holders and non-green card holders)
  • Waivers under former INA § 212(c) (only a narrow class of people are eligible for this)
  • Waivers under INA § 212(h) and INA § 212(i)
  • Suspension of deportation (virtually eliminated but still available to few)
  • Voluntary departure
  • Adjustment of Status
  • Asylum, Withholding of removal, and protection under Article 3 of United Nations Convention Against Torture

Being eligible to apply for deportation relief does not guarantee that you will win. An immigration judge has to consider many things before deciding whether you deserve to stay in the U.S. We will assess your case and work with you to make the best presentation to the Immigration Judge. 


© Copyright 2013 Sandra Boogaard Law Office.  All Rights Reserved

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.