H1B Visa Cap / Quota – FY 2014
USCIS will begin accepting new h1b visa quota based applications on April 1, 2013. The earliest start work date will be October 1, 2013.
Our office is now preparing h1b visa petitions for the April 1, 2013 filing.
H1B Visa Cap / Quota – FY 2013
On June 11, 2012, USCIS received a sufficient number of petitions to reach the h1b visa quota/ cap for FY 2013.
On June 7, 2012, USCIS also received more than 20,000 H1B visa quota based petitions.
USCIS will reject petitions subject to the h1b visa quota for H1B specialty occupation workers seeking an employment start date in FY 2013 that are received after June 11, 2012.
H1B Visa Cap /Quota Exemptions:
The following H-1B visa petitions are not subject to the annual quota:
- An amended H1B visa petition.
- An H1B visa Renewal / Extension petition.
- An H1B visa Transfer petition.
- The employer is an institution of higher education (College or University).
- The employer is a nonprofit organization or entity related to or affiliated with an institution of higher education (Hospital affiliated with a University) and the Foreign National Beneficiary (Worker) is enrolled in the jointly managed program.
- The employer is a nonprofit research organization or a governmental research organization.The Foreign National Beneficiary (Worker) has been previously granted status as an H1B visa nonimmigrant in the past 6 years and not left the U.S. for more than a year after attaining such status.