HomeAbout UsFAQImmigrationBlog
Our Team


Back to the Top

Can I Obtain A Green Card Through Family?

Many people get Green Cards (become permanent residents) through family members. You may be eligible to get a Green Card as: an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, this includes spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older a family member of a U.S. citizen fitting into a preference category, this includes unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers and sisters of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older a family member of a green card holder, this includes spouses and unmarried children of the sponsoring green card holder a member of a special category, this can include battered spouse or child (VAWA), a K nonimmigrant, a person born to a foreign diplomat in the United States, a V nonimmigrant or awidow(er) of a U.S. Citizen 

Information on fiance(e) visas or prospective adopted children is located in other sections of our website. Check the links provided for more.


No Very

Captcha Image


© Copyright 2013 Sandra Boogaard Law Office.  All Rights Reserved

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.